If you are under the age of 18, you may not avail the services of UAB PREXIDO. UAB PREXIDO does not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our content specifically to person under 18. If we learn or have reason to suspect that you are a customer who is under the age of 18, we will have to stop our services immediately.
- I. What Personal Data Do We Collect
1.1 We collect Personal Data when you acquire our services, as well as when you submit Personal Data requested by the Company. Personal Data generally is any information that relates to you, identifies you personally, or could be used to identify you. The definition of Personal Data is in compliance with the Laws of the State of California, in which this Policy is based on. Personal Data does not include data that has been irreversibly aggregated or anonymized so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise to identify you.
1.2 The Personal Data we may collect about you may include:
- a. Personal Data you directly and voluntarily provide to us to execute transactions using our Website, Email, P2P platform chat, WhatsApp and Telegram. These information may include:
- ● Your First Name;
- ● Your Last Name;
- ● Date of Birth;
- ● Email Address;
- ● Address;
- ● ID Card;
- ● Passport; and
- ● Other personal information based on our bank;s request which operates in EU.
- b. Information automatically collected through the Site. We may automatically collect personal information about you when you use our Website, such as, device type, browser type and/or version, Mobile OS, computer and connection information, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and standard web log information. We may also be able to identify the location of your device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your device’s location services settings.
- c. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- II. How We Use Your Personal Information
- a. For Internal Use. We may use your personal information for the purposes of furthering our business, which may include improving our Website’s content and functionality and providing you the best services. These includes:
- i. To provide you the services as merchant on P2P platforms of crypto exchanges, such as Binance, Huobi Global, Coincola, Kucoin.
- ii. We use your information in order to enable you buy or sell crypto.
- iii. provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- iv. respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- v. monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services;
- vi. revise, modify, and update existing services and develop new services;
- vii. detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our rights and property and others;
- viii. trace any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law; and
- ix. carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- b. We specifically request that you do not provide us with any sensitive personal data (meaning information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic, health, or biometric information, information about sex life, or sexual orientation, or criminal convictions or offenses) through our Apps account, or otherwise to us
- III. Third-Party Services
1.4. We retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we process the information as set out in this policy. However, we may retain your Personal Data for a longer period of time where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- IV. Cookies
- V. Security Precautions.
5.1. We maintain standard physical, electronic, and procedural protection designed to protect and prevent the misuse of your Personal Data and/or Information. We apply appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal information. We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to third parties who need such information to provide products and/or services. However, from time to time, there may be complications with the use of our Website, including not secured Website prompts when using an Android phone. Please recognize that this will not endanger your personal information nor will it be exposed to unwanted persons and/or organizations.
5.2. Except name and email for contact purpose, we do not collect your personal information on our website which is created for informational purposes only. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Apps account is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
VI. Disclosure of Personal Data.
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- a. To satisfy any laws or regulations;
- b. To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies;
- d. As may be necessary for the operation of our Website;
- e. To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users; and/or
- f. If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Website or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules.
VII. Your Individual Rights and Choices
Under certain circumstances, individuals in Europe have rights under data protection laws (GDPR) in relation to their personal data. If you are located in Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions regarding personal data that we hold:
7.1. Access. You are entitled to ask us if we are processing your personal data and, if so, for a copy of the personal data we hold about you, as well as obtain certain other information about our processing activities;
7.2. Correction. If any personal data we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you can require us to correct it, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
7.3. Change or Erasure. You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- ● Contacting us on our Apps account, or
- ● E-mail: email@example.com
This also enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law;
7.4. Object. Where our reason for processing your personal data is a legitimate interest you may object to the processing as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object, where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
7.5. Restriction. You may ask us to suspend our use of your personal data in the following scenarios: if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; where our use of your personal data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold your data for a longer period than we usually would because you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
7.6. Transfer. Where it is possible, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to personal data provided by you which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you;
7.7. Withdraw consent. Where our reason for processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. There may be legal or other reasons why we cannot or are not obliged to, fulfill a request to exercise your rights. We will use available lawful exemptions to your individual rights to the extent appropriate. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions;
7.8. You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights relating to your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances; and
7.9. The CCPA provides certain specific rights to customers (California residents) regarding personal information. You have the right to request UAB PREXIDO to disclose information regarding the collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. After verifying that you, the customer, has made the request we will disclose to you:
- ● The right to know which personal information is being collected
- ● The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom
- ● The right to object to the sale of personal data
- ● The right to access one’s own personal information
- ● The right to equal service and price, even for customers who exercise their privacy rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights mentioned above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- ● Calling us at +37066611621
- ● E-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable customer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable customer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable customer request for access or data portability twice within 12 months. The verifiable customer request must:
- ● Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- ● Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
IX. Acceptance of Risk.
If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal data, you may contact our data protection officer using the contact information below. We request that a complaint be made in writing. Please provide details about your concern or complaint so that our data protection officer can investigate it. We will take appropriate action in response to your complaint. We may contact you for additional details or clarification about your concern or complaint. We will contact you to inform you of our response to your complaint. You also may have a right to file a complaint with a national or local regulatory agency.
By visiting, accessing, and/or transacting through our Website, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company from and against any loss, cost, or damage, of any kind.
XII. Contact Us
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Number: +37066611621